The first part of this structure, known as Cobber Commons, was constructed in 1960 to serve as a student union and cafeteria. The building was remodeled in 1975 and renamed as the Knutson Campus Center in honor of Dr. Joseph L. Knutson, college president from 1951-1975. The 1975 addition included the Centrum, Post Office, and lounge areas. On October 18, 2005, a groundbreaking ceremony was held for the construction and renovation of a new campus center. The $32 million project was completed in 2008.