Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Wesley College Building, Fargo School of Religion, North Dakota Agricultural College
Wesley College Building, Fargo School of Religion, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleWesley College Building, Fargo School of Religion, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1924-10-02
DescriptionFront view of the building that housed the Wesley College, School of Religion. On the front of the building, above the two entrance pillars is a sign that says: "Wesley College School of Religion." The building was probably located at 1250 University Drive N.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Religion
Subject (LCTGM)Religious education
Buildings
Trees
Sidewalks
Utility poles
Porches
Organization NameWesley College (Grand Forks, N.D.). Fargo Branch
North Dakota State University - Buildings
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - University Drive North
Fargo (N.D.) - University Drive North - 1200 block
Decade1920-1929
Negative NumberGPN5838
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 cm.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Wesley College Bldg. (Pan Plate and deep red filter)"
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryThe Wesley College School of Religion was opened fall term of 1921 at the North Dakota Agriculture College (NDAC) by the Wesley College of Grand Forks. This school's course offerings included the history, literature, philosophy, and psychology of religion. Wesley College, then affiliated with the University of North Dakota and previously located in Wahpeton, North Dakota, as the Red River Valley University, gave financial support to the School and NDAC gave the School's courses academic credit. Under the directorship of Walter Lee Airheart, the School's course enrollment increased from 4 students in 1921 to 253 students in 1929.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 5838)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Languageeng
Digital IDua000294
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^