Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Lecture Room, Chemistry Building (Ladd Hall), North Dakota Agricultural College
Lecture Room, Chemistry Building (Ladd Hall), North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleLecture Room, Chemistry Building (Ladd Hall), North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1923-04-16
DescriptionStudents in lecture hall in the Chemistry building (Ladd Hall)
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Lecture halls
Interiors
Students
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Buildings
Ladd Hall (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1920-1929
Negative NumberGPN4231a
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 c.m.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Large Lecture Room - Chem. Bldg. Second floor"
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryLadd Hall is named after Edwin F. Ladd, one of the first faculty members at the institution. In 1890 Professor Ladd was asked by H.E. Stockbridge, President of the newly established North Dakota Agricultural College and Experiment Station in Fargo to become Professor of Chemistry at the college and chemist of the Agricultural Experiment Station. During his tenure at the Agricultural College, Professor Ladd served as chemist, Dean of the School of Chemistry and Pharmacy, and became president of the institution in 1916 where he served until being elected to the United States Senate in 1921 with the support of the Nonpartisan League.
Architectural Information: "Collegiate Gothic, three stories; dark red Hebron brick laid in a Flemish bond, ellow rough sandstone foundation and trim; slightly crenelated parapet and four story central tower. It was the first campus structure to deviate from the light brick and the first fire-proof construction. Probably designed by Haxby and Gillespie, architects." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form, Summer 1982, p. 4)
External ResourceSee also NDSU Archives Building History web site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-university-archives/collections/72157624385769264/
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 4231a)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Languageeng
Digital IDua000170
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^