Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Inspecting Plots, Williston Research Extension Center, Williston, North Dakota
Inspecting Plots, Williston Research Extension Center, Williston, North Dakota
TitleInspecting Plots, Williston Research Extension Center, Williston, North Dakota
Date of Original1912
DescriptionMen and women are inspecting some of the agricultural plots at the Williston Sub-Station. The women are wearing dresses and at least one is holding a parasol. In the foreground there is a wooden plank, probably crossing over a small stream.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectAgriculture
Social Life & Customs
Subject (LCTGM)Agriculture
Croplands
Umbrellas
Guests
Organization NameNorth Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo). Williston Branch
Williston Research Extension Center
LocationWilliston (N.D.)
Williams County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1910-1919
Negative NumberGPN 365
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 cm.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Inspecting Plots at Williston, Sub-Station 1912"
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryOriginally a North Dakota Agricultural Sub-Experiment Station, the Williston Research Extension Center, was established on March 13, 1907 and located north-east of Williston. Initially consisting of 160 acres, in 1953 the North Dakota Legislature allowed relocation of the Station (with the sale of 80 acres). The remaining 80 acres became the site of Williston State College. The sale of the 80 acres generated revenue to purchases an additional 640 acres, including the building of numerous structures and site improvements.
In 1985 the legislature permitted purchase of an additional 160 acres of land and in 1989 changed the name to Williston Research Center, which was later amended to Williston Research Extension Center.
Since 1994 the Williston Research Extension Center and the Eastern Agricultural Research Center in Sidney, MT (Montana State University) have collaborated on many projects and share the same director.
As per the March 11, 2009 issue of "It's Happening at State, "The advisory boards of Montana State University's Eastern Agricultural Research Center in Sidney and NDSU's Williston Research Extension Center have merged. Combined, the research centers serve more than 30 million acres in the two states and will provide applied research on any crop growth in the region." P. 2
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 365)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Languageeng;
Digital IDua000568
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^