Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Blacksmith Shop (far left), Mechanic Arts Building (center), and South Engineering (far right); North Dakota Agricultural College
Blacksmith Shop (far left), Mechanic Arts Building (center), and South Engineering (far right); North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleBlacksmith Shop (far left), Mechanic Arts Building (center), and South Engineering (far right); North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1919-11-21
DescriptionFront view of the College Blacksmith Shop, the Mechanic Arts Building, and the South Engineering Building sometime after a snowfall. Two antennas are visible behind the buildings.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Snow
Antennas (Electronics)
Trees
Doors & doorways
Windows
Organization NameSouth Engineering (Fargo, N.D.)
Mechanic Arts (Fargo, N.D.)
North Dakota Agricultural College. Blacksmith Shop
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1910-1919
Negative Number1688
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 cm.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Blacksmith Shop & Engineering Building."
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryMechanic Arts, architectural information: "Architectural Information - "Simplified Rectilinear; two stories; yellow brick, jack-arch window lintels, bellcast deeply overhung roof, symmerical facade, recessed entrance facing southwest. Orff and Joralemon, architects." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nomination Form, Summer 1982, p.3)
South Engineering architectural information: "Classical Revival, three stories; light brown pressed brick with trim of rough brown sandstone; Palladian window treatment with projecting central entrance pavilion; gable hipped roof with pedimented gables and dormers; rusticated raised basement; dentilled and bracketted cornices; brownstone Tuscan columns flaking [sic] front south facing entry; rusticated corner pilasters with sandstone capitals. Milton Earl Beebe, architect." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form, Summer 1982, p. 3)
External ResourceSee also NDSU Archives Building History web site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-university-archives/collections/72157624385769264/
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 1688)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Languageeng
Digital IDua000193
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^