Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleMinard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1919-11-21
DescriptionFront view of Minard Hall with two of the three sections completed. An attached greenhouse is visible to the far left and snow is on the ground.
Ordering InformationConsult:
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Organization NameMinard Hall (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Negative Number1689
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 cm.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Science Hall"
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryArchitectural information: "Classical Revival. Originally planned to be built in three stages as building funds became available, the south wing was erected in 1901 from plans by William C. Albrant, Fargo. It is two stories above a raised basement, yellow brick American bond, with sandstone trim, red grout, red brick pilasters and beltcourses; and semi-circular bays at the center of each facade. Following the death in 1905 of Albrant the central portion was erected in 1917-1918 from plans by Frederick W. Keith. The 1917-18 addition has a central entry terminating in a gable with returned eaves and a Palladian window. The central entry facing east is flanked with engaged pilasters decorated with an egg and dart motif with pressed metal Roman ionic capitals. It is yellow brick with Bedford stone trim. Science hall was completed in 1930 with the addition of the north wing from plans by William F. Kurke, who generally followed the proportions, seim[sic]-circular bays and details of the original 1901 building." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nomination Form, Summer 1982, pp. 3-4)
External ResourceSee also NDSU Archives Building History web site:
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 1689)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Digital IDua000195
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^