Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Campus view, North Dakota Agricultural College
Campus view, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleCampus view, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1922-05-06
DescriptionDistance photograph, from left to right, of Minard Hall, Putnam Hall, South Engineering, Ladd Hall, and Old Main. The Bjornson Memorial Obelisk is visible in front of Old Main. Photograph taken across 12th Avenue North from the (original) Theta Chi fraternity house, that was located at 1316 12th Avenue North.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Buildings
Roads
Horses
Carts & wagons
Utility poles
Trees
Lawns
Obelisks
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Buildings
North Dakota State University - Grounds
Theta Chi. Phi Chapter (North Dakota State University)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - 12th Avenue N. - 1300 block
Decade1920-1929
Negative Number3255a
Format of OriginalGlass negatives
Dimensions of Original13 x 18 cm.
Publisher of OriginalNorth Dakota Agricultural College (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Campus from Theta Chi House"
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title supplied by staff.
Biography/History"On Tuesday morning, May 17 [1904], the Bjornson 'bauta sten' which had been placed on the A.C. grounds, in honor of Bjornstjerne Bjornson, the great Norwegian writer and statesman, was formally unveiled. The college and city was in holiday attire for the occasion. The buildings were all tastily decorated with bunting and the flags of Norway and the United States. A large crowd, variously estimated from three to five thousand, was on the grounds at 10 o'clock waiting for the program to begin." (The Spectrum, May 15, 1904, p. 113.)
External ResourceSee also NDSU Archives Building History web site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-university-archives/collections/72157624385769264/
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionNDSU University Archives Glass Negative Collection
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (GPN 3255a)
Rights ManagementCopyright held by the University Archives.
Languageeng
Digital IDua000223
Original Sourceglass negative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^