Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Fargo - The Red River Valley National Bank Building
Fargo - The Red River Valley National Bank Building
TitleFargo - The Red River Valley National Bank Building
Date of Original1886
DescriptionEngraving of three story brick commercial building belonging to the Red River Valley National Bank, located near 11 Broadway, Fargo, N.D. Signs on side of building state "F. B. Bruce, Francis & Francis, Red River National Bank".
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectBusiness & Industry
Subject (LCTGM)Banks
Commercial facilities
Subject (LCSH)Building, Brick
Organization NameRed River Valley National Bank (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
AddressFargo (N.D.) - Broadway
Fargo (N.D.) - Broadway - 0-25 block
Decade1880-1889
Item Number2065.3.4
Negative Number4x5P-52
Format of OriginalLithographs
Dimensions of Original11 x 13 cm.
Transcription"THE RED RIVER NATIONAL BANK was organized in April, 1881, with a capital of $100, 000. J. L. and E. B. Grandin, of Grandin, and Stephen Gardner, of Hastings, Minn., are among the leading stockholders. Mr. Gardner owns 12, 800 acres of land in this county, and has something over $100, 000 otherwise invested in and about Fargo. The Grandins own about 60, 000 acres of land in this and Traill County, and have other large interests in the valley. The building occupied and owned by this bank is shown elsewhere. It is three stories in height, 25 x 100 feet, costing $25, 000. Its furniture and equipment could not well be improved. L. S. Follett is president, Stephen Gardner, vice president and L. W. Follett, cashier. The directors, in addition to the above, are W. A. Kindred, Geo. A. Putnam, 0. W. Francis, G. W. Mains, and J. G. F. Schneidler. The bank's undivided profits, December 24th, amounted to $12, 458.51, and its surplus to $25, 000; the deposits to $249, 443.01."- text from associated article published in the Northwest Magazine, March 1886, p. 9.
NotesTitle printed under engraving.
Engraver unknown.
Image published in The Northwest Magazine, March 1886, p. 8.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo Public Library Photograph Collection 2065
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/979
Credit LineFargo Public Library Photograph Collection, NDIRS-NDSU (2065.3.4)
Languageeng;
Digital IDfpl00005
Original SourcePhotograph
Digital AlterationsThumbnail version cropped
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^