Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Jamestown Fire Department and Band on parade, Jamestown, N.D.
Jamestown Fire Department and Band on parade, Jamestown, N.D.
TitleJamestown Fire Department and Band on parade, Jamestown, N.D.
Date of Original1885
CreatorJudd, Charles Leroy, 1856-
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionA view of the two streets in front of the corner building, the Klaus House, which has a band in a relaxed position in front. On both the left and right are groupings of the Jamestown Fire Department in full uniform with hats. On the right they have a cart, and on the left they have a cart that was probably an early fire engine. On the left is a two story wooden building, the Klaus House. The three story brick building on the corner is the new hotel, still called the Klaus House. There is also a sign for the Bank, and two banners on the left that say something about a "Super" on "Feb 21st". There are American flags, and on the right side people standing and watching from the Klaus House balconies on the second and third floors.
General SubjectCity & Town Life
Social Life & Customs
Subject (LCTGM)Parades & processions
People
Men
Bands
Marching bands
Fire fighters
Flags
Carts & wagons
Banks
Hotels
Firefighting equipment
Drums
Uniforms
Cornets
Utility poles
Balconies
Buildings
Fire engines
Subject (LCSH)Building, Brick
Organization NameKlaus House (Jamestown, N.D.)
LocationJamestown (N.D.)
Stutsman County (N.D.)
Dakota Territory
AddressJamestown (N.D.) - 5th Avenue
Jamestown (N.D.) - 1st Avenue
Decade1880-1889
Item NumberST264
Format of OriginalPhotographic prints
Dimensions of Original18 x 25 cm.
Transcription"1885, Old Gladstone Hotel, Formerly Klaus House Jamestown, N.D. Farm PG Arzt Family." -- Handwritten on back of photograph.
Notes5th Ave. in Jamestown changed names and became 1st Ave. in 1939.
Repository InstitutionStutsman County Memorial Museum
Repository CollectionStutsman County Memorial Museum Photographs
Credit LineStutsman County Memorial Museum, Jamestown, N.D. (ST264)
Rights ManagementOwned by Stutsman County Memorial Museum.
Ordering InformationStutsman County Memorial Museum
Phone: 701-252-6741
Address: Box 1002, Jamestown, N.D. 58401
Open: Memorial Day - September, 10am-5pm Weekdays and 1pm-5pm Weekends.
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2008-2009, NAR08-RC-10021-08
Digital IDdmST264
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^