Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Jamestown and Fort Totten stage line coach with El Zagal men, Jamestown, N.D.
Jamestown and Fort Totten stage line coach with El Zagal men, Jamestown, N.D.
TitleJamestown and Fort Totten stage line coach with El Zagal men, Jamestown, N.D.
Date of Originalbetween 1922-1959
CreatorBerg, Oscar, 1894-1942
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionA group portrait of fourteen men posing, many in cowboy costumes pose in front of a stagecoach. Three of the men are wearing El Zagal hats, it is possibly a Masons convention. Most of the men have long coats on. On man, dressed in a cowboy costume has chaps and a small hand gun. The stagecoach has signs on it that say, "Jamestown and Fort Totten …D.T. to Firesteel D.T. & return… Harry C. Miller (driver), U.S. Mail." There are buildings in the background, one of which has a sign that says, "Badger Tires."
General SubjectPeople
City & Town Life
Social Life & Customs
Subject (LCTGM)Men
People
Stagecoaches
Costumes
Cowboys
Cowboy hats
Buildings
Chaps
Hats
Fraternal organizations
Group portraits
Firearms
Organization NameEl Zagal Temple (Fargo, N.D.)
Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America
LocationJamestown (N.D.)
Stutsman County (N.D.)
Decade1920-1929
1930-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
Item NumberST256
Format of OriginalPhotographic prints
Dimensions of Original21 x 25 cm.
Transcription"Berg, Jamestown, N. Dak."--Stamped on front, bottom right, of photograph.
Biography/HistoryOscar Berg owned Berg Studio located at 217 5th Ave. S., Jamestown, N.D. from 1922-1939. In 1939 the main street in Jamestown, 5th Ave. S. was renamed to 1st Ave. S. Oscar and Mrs. Beatrice Berg owned Berg Studio from 1939-1959 at 217 1st Ave. S. Jamestown, N.D. Oscar Berg died in 1942.
Repository InstitutionStutsman County Memorial Museum
Repository CollectionStutsman County Memorial Museum Photographs
Credit LineStutsman County Memorial Museum, Jamestown, N.D. (ST256)
Rights ManagementOwned by Stutsman County Memorial Museum.
Ordering InformationStutsman County Memorial Museum
Phone: 701-252-6741
Address: Box 1002, Jamestown, N.D. 58401
Open: Memorial Day - September, 10am-5pm Weekdays and 1pm-5pm Weekends.
GrantNHPRC SNAP Grant 2008-2009, NAR08-RC-10021-08
Digital IDdmST256
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^