Bismarck Junior College was originally located on the 3rd floor of Bismarck High School (1939-spring 1955). The new general purpose building made it the only junior college located on capitol grounds. It was assumed it would remain near the capitol, but due to a rising student population it was later moved to its current location. This photo was taken for a yearbook or newspaper. This photograph was collected by Herb Schimmelpfenning who was an administrator at the college. He left the collection with the college and it was discovered after his death.