Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Zoology Laboratory, Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
Zoology Laboratory, Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleZoology Laboratory, Minard Hall, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Original1906
CreatorBolley, Henry Luke, 1865-1956
Creator RolePhotographer;
DescriptionFront view of specifimen sheelves in the zoology laboratory located in Minard Hall. In addition to various jars, there are a numberof microscopes on the shleves.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Specimens
Laboratories
Interiors
Chairs
Pails
Desks
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Buildings
North Dakota State University - Classrooms
Minard Hall (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1900-1909
Item NumberBol.31.10
Negative NumberNeg. 4x6-36a
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Dimensions of Original9 x 14 cm.
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Biol lab 1906" - handwritten on back of photograph
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryMinard Hall, originally named Science Hall, was to be built in three stages as building funds became available. It was noted in the 1902-03 NDAC Catalog that this first section cost about $25, 000. "This new building is 68x80 feet in size of ground plan, three stories high and furnishes commodious quarters for the departments of biology, geology, horticulture and mathematics. The entire building is finished with quarter-sawed oak, is well lighted and ventilated and is one of the most artistic buildings on campus. Science Hall, when completed, will be 80 feet deep and 224 feet long and its central structure four stories high" (NDAC Catalog, 1902-03, p. 13).
Architectural information: "Classical Revival. Originally planned to be built in three stages as building funds became available, the south wing was erected in 1901 from plans by William C. Albrant, Fargo. It is two stories above a raised basement, yellow brick American bond, with sandstone trim, red grout, red brick pilasters and beltcourses; and semi-circular bays at the center of each facade." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nomination Form, Summer 1982, pp. 3-4)
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionH.L. Bolley Photography Collection
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/4766
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (Bol.31.10)
Languageeng;
Digital IDbo000117
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^