Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Minard Hall Classroom, North Dakota Agricultural college
Minard Hall Classroom, North Dakota Agricultural college
TitleMinard Hall Classroom, North Dakota Agricultural college
Date of Original1912?
CreatorBolley, Henry Luke, 1865-1956
Creator RolePhotographer;
DescriptionScience classroom in Minard Hall, benches and tables, as well as various equipment. The ceiling is made up of ornate tin tiles
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Subject (LCTGM)Classrooms
Interiors
Chairs
Light fixtures
Tables
Benches
Cupboards
Ceilings
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Buildings
North Dakota State University - Classrooms
Minard Hall (Fargo, N.D.)
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1910-1919
Item NumberBol.31.18
Format of OriginalPhotographic prints
Dimensions of Original20 x 25 cm.
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"Inside the Science Hall, 1912"
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/HistoryMinard Hall, originally named Science Hall, was to be built in three stages as building funds became available. It was noted in the 1902-03 NDAC Catalog that this first section cost about $25, 000. "This new building is 68x80 feet in size of ground plan, three stories high and furnishes commodious quarters for the departments of biology, geology, horticulture and mathematics. The entire building is finished with quarter-sawed oak, is well lighted and ventilated and is one of the most artistic buildings on campus. Science Hall, when completed, will be 80 feet deep and 224 feet long and its central structure four stories high" (NDAC Catalog, 1902-03, p. 13).
Architectural information: "Classical Revival. Originally planned to be built in three stages as building funds became available, the south wing was erected in 1901 from plans by William C. Albrant, Fargo. It is two stories above a raised basement, yellow brick American bond, with sandstone trim, red grout, red brick pilasters and beltcourses; and semi-circular bays at the center of each facade." (National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nomination Form, Summer 1982, pp. 3-4)
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionH.L. Bolley Photography Collection
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/4766
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (Bol.31.8)
Languageeng;
Digital IDbo000124
Original SourcePhotographic Print
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^