Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan down Pan up Pan left Pan right Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Traction Engineering School, North Dakota Agricultural College
Traction Engineering School, North Dakota Agricultural College
TitleTraction Engineering School, North Dakota Agricultural College
Date of Originalbetween 1907-1908
CreatorBolley, Henry Luke, 1865-1956
Creator RolePhotographer;
DescriptionA number of traction engines are running and students are standing around in groups. Paint test fences are visible in the background,
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectColleges & Universities
Agriculture
Subject (LCTGM)Traction engines
Tractors
Fences
Students
Organization NameNorth Dakota State University - Grounds
LocationFargo (N.D.)
Cass County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Decade1900-1909
Item NumberBol.37.2
Negative NumberNeg. 4x6-43b
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Dimensions of Original9 x 14 cm.
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
TranscriptionDifferent views of the traction engineering schools. 1907-08.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
Biography/History"Traction Engineering. First year of two-year Engineering course and third year of Farm Husbandry course, fall term, five hours a week. The first four weeks are devoted to a careful study of the gasoline engine with the view of making students expert operators of such engines as are used for farm purposes. The remaining ten weeks are devoted to a study of the traction engine, especial attention being paid to its proper care, management and adjustment. The laboratory work of this course is of a very practical nature, and consists of work which experts usually are called upon to do in the field." P. 94. Catalog and Announcement of North Dakota Agricultural College for 1907-1908, Fargo, North Dakota.
In 1905 the North Dakota Legislature passed a comprehensive paint law that made the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station responsible for the quality of paint sold in stores. In 1906, extensive experiments began when test fences were erected all over the campus of North Dakota Agricultural College
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, University Archives
Repository CollectionH.L. Bolley Photography Collection
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/4766
Credit LineUniversity Archives, NDSU, Fargo (Bol.37.1)
Languageeng;
Digital IDbo000151
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^