Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  

add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Directors of Fort Clark Irrigation District at dedication, Deapolis, N.D.
Directors of Fort Clark Irrigation District at dedication, Deapolis, N.D.
TitleDirectors of Fort Clark Irrigation District at dedication, Deapolis, N.D.
Date of Original1953-08-14
CreatorHerron, Gifford, 1912-1969
Creator RolePhotographer
DescriptionFour men, all wearing hats, standing looking at map. There is a women in the background holding a purse.
Ordering InformationConsult: http://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/duplication-services
General SubjectPeople
Social Life & Customs
Subject (LCTGM)Committees
Men
Maps
Irrigation
Dedications
Personal NameDexter, Albert J., 1891-1977
Gustafson, Joseph, 1898-1985
Brazda, Frank, 1904-1997
Danielson, Theodore, 1908-1991
LocationDeapolis (N.D.)
Stanton (N.D.)
Mercer County (N.D.)
North Dakota
United States
Missouri River
Fort Clark Irrigation District (N.D.)
Decade1950-1959
Item Number2035.1332
Negative Number2035.1332
Format of OriginalFilm negatives
Dimensions of Original10 x 13 cm.
Publisher of OriginalForum Publishing Company (Fargo, N.D.)
Place of PublicationFargo (N.D.)
Transcription"The directors of the Fort Clark Irrigation District look over a map of the project with A. J. Dexter, St. Paul, agricultural development agent for the Northern Pacific Railway. Left to right are Dexter, Joe Gustafson, chairman of the directors, Frank Brazda and Theodore Danielson." - Caption with image featured in article "Forum Photos Show N.D. Irrigation Project Dedication Activities", by Gifford Herron, Fargo Forum & Daily Tribune, August 16, 1953, p. 14.
NotesTitle supplied by staff.
ContributorForum Publishing Company (Fargo, N.D.)
Biography/HistoryThe pumping station is located at the Deapolis townsite in Mercer County, near Stanton. The site was the location of a former grain barge loading site on the west bank of the Missouri River. In 1912 the site was abandoned when the railroad came through.
Bibliographic Reference"Brunsdale Officially Opens Ft. Clark Irrigation District", Fargo Forum & Daily Republican, August 15, 1953, p. 6.
Repository InstitutionNorth Dakota State University Libraries, Institute for Regional Studies
Repository CollectionFargo Forum Negative Collection 2035
Collection Finding AidConsult: http://hdl.handle.net/10365/971
Credit LineInstitute for Regional Studies, NDSU, Fargo (2035.1332)
Languageeng
Digital IDrs000291
Original SourceNegative
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^