The Northern Pacific Depot was built in 1898. Northern Pacific Park extended from both ends of the train station. The park itself was demolished in 1964. The cannon at left-center was captured by Rear Admiral Dewey during the Spanish-American War and was given to the park in 1900. During World War II the cannon was removed and the metal scrapped. The greenhouse in the right background is part of the Shotwell Floral Company. The Northern Pacific Railroad leased land to the florists in exchange for their taking over maintainace of the park. The Waldorf Hotel and deLendrecie's are in the extreme background at center.