Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Outbuildings exterior view, Gunlogson Farmstead at Icelandic State Park, Pembina County, N.D.
Outbuildings exterior view, Gunlogson Farmstead at Icelandic State Park, Pembina County, N.D.
TitleOutbuildings exterior view, Gunlogson Farmstead at Icelandic State Park, Pembina County, N.D.
Date of Original200-
DescriptionThis photograph shows the west elevation of the livestock and hay barn on the Gunlogson Farmstead at Icelandic State Park in Pembina County (N.D.) as well as two of the four related outbuildings. All of the buildings feature wood shiplap siding painted a cool-gray with white trim. Farm implements can be seen in front of the building in the left foreground, while a large light pole can be seen in the background.
Ordering Informationhttp://history.nd.gov/archives/whatphotos.html
General SubjectAgriculture
Historic sites
Subject (LCTGM)Farms
Homesteading
Outbuildings
Agricultural machinery & implements
Subject (AAT)Vernacular architecture
Personal NameGunlogson, G. B. (Gunnlauger Bjarni), 1887-1983
LocationPembina County (N.D.)
Icelandic State Park (N.D.)
Decade2000-2009
Item Number32PM208-54
Format of OriginalSlides
NotesPhotographer unknown.
Title created by staff.
Biography/HistoryThe Gunlogson Farmstead historic site represents the ethnic heritage and cultural characteristics of Icelandic immigrants to North Dakota. The farm was established by Eggert and Rannveig Gunnlaugson in 1880. They raised five children in the home, as well as accomodating pioneer travelers and houseguests. One of their children, G.B. Gunlogson (1887-1983) was an important figure in agricultural and mechanical invention as well as the environmental movement in North Dakota. The farmstead was donated to the state as a nature preserve by G.B. Gunlogson in 1964. The farmstead was entered into the National Register of Historic Place 2008/09/18.
Bibliographic ReferenceNational Register of Historic Places nomination filed 2008/07/28.
Repository InstitutionState Historical Society of North Dakota
Repository CollectionState Historical Society of North Dakota Archaeology and Historic Preservation Division Collection
Credit LineState Historical Society of North Dakota (32PM208-54)
Rights ManagementCopyright status unknown.
Digital IDsh32PM20854
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^