The Gunlogson Farmstead historic site represents the ethnic heritage and cultural characteristics of Icelandic immigrants to North Dakota. The farm was established by Eggert and Rannveig Gunnlaugson in 1880. They raised five children in the home, as well as accomodating pioneer travelers and houseguests. One of their children, G.B. Gunlogson (1887-1983) was an important figure in agricultural and mechanical invention as well as the environmental movement in North Dakota. The farmstead was donated to the state as a nature preserve by G.B. Gunlogson in 1964. The farmstead was entered into the National Register of Historic Place 2008/09/18.