Built in 1904-06, the Court House is actually the third Cass County Court House. After the second courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1903, this "new" courthouse was built with a fireproof design, using as little wood as possible. The structure is a Revival style with Renaissance Revival details and a French Second Empire style central clocktower. The facade is a smooth Port Wing brownstone with rusticated stone foundation. The courthouse was entered into the National Register of Historic Places 1983-12-22.