The Ellingson Farm is located approximately one mile north and two and a half miles west of Hillsboro, North Dakota. The farmsite consists of an original homestead cabin built in the early 1880s. a second generation main farmhouse built in in 1898 and associated structures. It is significant for its association with its builders, Christian and Edwin O Ellingson and is an outstanding example of a small mixed-farming operation from the settlement period in the Red River Valley. The Farm was entered into the National Register of Historic Places 1985-09-12.