Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help  login  
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Company M 4th Infantry, Fort Lincoln, Bismarck, N.D.
Company M 4th Infantry, Fort Lincoln, Bismarck, N.D.
TitleCompany M 4th Infantry, Fort Lincoln, Bismarck, N.D.
Date of Original1927-11 or 12
DescriptionThe men of Company M, 4th Infantry pose for a group portrait at Fort Lincoln. Men are identified as follows: On porch, left to right: Cpl. Joe Conti, Cpl. John Mastawaskas, Pvt. Von Kammerman, Pvt. Cecil Edwards, Pvt. Frank Smith, Pvt. Harry Hile, Pvt. Tallman, Pvt. Trimble, Cpl. Collins, Pvt. Gegoric, Pvt. Laurant, Pvt. Stephen O'Donnell, Pvt. Clair O. Bradley, Pvt. Teddy L. Bequette, Martin Arvidson, unknown, Pvt. Hubert Black, Pvt. Banjo Hicks. On steps, back row, left to right: Bugler James "Red" Morgan, Pvt. Hugh L. Erwin, Pvt. Sam "Jawbone" Wright, Cpl. Erzen, Pvt. Thomas, Bugler Harold Chowen. 2nd row: Cpl. George "Baldy" Jones, Pvt. Guthrie Williams, Pvt. Felix Pochuichanski, Cpl. Vadnais, Pvt. Laporte, Pvt. Earl Humphries (Co. mechanic), Pvt. Alexander Napirokowski, Sgt. George Waschke. Front row: Sgt. Fred A. Harvey, Sgt. Thomas Howard, Captain George F. Bloomquist, 2nd Lieut. George H. Dietz. In rear of captain: Sgt. Forrest E. Williams, Cpl. W.H. Turner, Cpt. Harmon, Sgt. Olson, 1st Sgt. Harvey S. Allen, Cpl. George "Count" Gregory.
Ordering Informationhttp://history.nd.gov/archives/whatphotos.html
General SubjectMilitary
People
Subject (LCTGM)Soldiers
Group portraits
Organization NameUnited States. Army. Infantry Division, 4th
LocationFort Lincoln (Burleigh County, N.D.)
Decade1920-1929
Item Number00743-067
Format of OriginalPhotographic prints
Transcription"Company 'M' 4th Infantry Fort Lincoln, North Dakota November 1927. The original company that came to Fort Lincoln from Fort Lawton, Washington. Lieut. George H. Dietz commanding. Capt. George F. Bloomquist joined the company on its arrival at Fort Lincoln becoming its company commander in the latter part of November 1927."--Typed on rear of photograph. Individuals also identified on rear of photograph.
NotesTitle created by staff.
Biography/HistoryFort Lincoln was established near Bismarck in 1895 and occupied until 1913 when the garrison was removed. The fort was used again during WWI, and during WWII as an alien internment camp.
Repository InstitutionState Historical Society of North Dakota
Repository CollectionFred A. Harvey Photograph Collection 00743
Credit LineState Historical Society of North Dakota (00743-067)
Rights ManagementCopyright transferred to the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Digital IDsh00743067
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^