The first Sacred Heart Catholic Church was built in 1890. Services were held once a month, and Father Cassidy served Sacred Heart as well as other churches in the area on a circuit basis. A new church was built in 1902 that could seat 180 people, and cost $7000. A third church made of brick was built in 1959. It is not known whether this photograph is of the first or second church.